Dancing Puppets

The purpose of this blog is to create a forum of meaningless and irrelevant rants for people with nothing better to do at that moment other than provide entertainment to others...

Name:
Location: United States

Why Dancing Puppets? It seems customary to begin your blog with an explanation as to why you chose the name you did. In this case - "Dancing Puppets" - there is a simple reason. As mentioned above in the description of this blog, the purpose is to provide a forum for nonsensical and senseless rantings or perhaps the occassional profound and logical argument. However, this is not to promote the marketplace of ideas, or the exercise of free speech. No, no, no... Rather this blog exists simply to provide a continuing source of entertainment to its readers, and more importantly, to me. As the great Stewie likes to say... "Dance Puppets, Dance!"

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Hurricane

Well, it has certainly been a while since I've rambled on here. I'm eating lunch now and was reading a couple of blogs I keep up with (not the moronic ones they always refer to on CNN, though one day I hope mine gets on there by accident), and decided to post some thoughts.

Now that I've started my full-time job as a lawyer it becomes slightly more complicated to post on here. Many of you may have noticed that over the last year or so I've hit some sensitive and controversial topics without much care. This is in part because I try to keep the blog anonymous, though most of you readers know me, and because frankly, I don't really give a damn what other people think. If you can't tell an attempt at humor from an actually held belief, then you shouldn't read this blog, rather - you should probably consider a swim in the contaminated waters of New Orleans.

Anyway, since I've started work, I feel like it might be necessary to tone it down a bit, or perhaps censor myself a little bit more. I have only shared this blog with one of the partners at my firm, and don't really plan to share it with others at this point in time for obvious reasons.

With that in mind, here are my censored and toned down remarks on Hurricane Katrina:

First question - Why is it that everyone is afraid to say on TV that it seems that all the refugees in New Orleans are -----? It's pretty freakin obvious everytime you flip past a news channel. Are they afraid that if they keep calling it the poor area, and at the same time say mostly ------ were affected that Al -------- or Jesse ------- will open a 50 gallon drum of whoop-ass on them?

Second question - this has a lot to do with the first question. Am I the only one to notice that all the white people seemed to get out? Whenever they interview an evacuee it's a white person, when they interview a remaining survivor tredding contaminated water it's a ----- person.

Third question - Why do I feel the need to use dashes everytime I refer to ----- people, but not to white people - just a side point I'm curious about if anyone has a good answer.

Back to the Hurricane. How long is it necessary to wait till we can start making jokes? I shouldn't say "we" - I already spent last Sunday in the pool pretending to be Hurricane Katrina and dragging my younger cousins and siblings under water - I should say, how long till most people would think it's ok? I figure while the relief effort is ongoing, it's probably off limits. But then I remember 2 points which make me think otherwise - 1. nobody waited for Terri Schiavo to die to make fun of her and her ridiculous family, and 2. nobody seems to really care about the people left behind in New Orleans except Fox News (fair and balanced). The Mayor and Governor are long gone and already are focusing on rebuilding the city (probably right on top of all the dead ----- people). The government doesn't give a crap as evidenced from their not-so-quick response to the whole situation. (For the love of god, President Bush didn't even come back from his vacation for an extra day or so after the hurricane. He probably got a call from the White House:

Offical White House President Caller: "Mr. President, there's been a disastrous hurricane in New Orleans and parts of Mississippi, tons of ----- people and KKK members have been wiped out and many others are drowning as we speak."

President Bush: "That's great! Give me a follow up tomorrow." Click

They probably had to call him back the next day and emphasize the fact that he is the President of all the people, not just the ones he likes. (I criticize even though I happen to like W - stupid people amuse me, stupid people with power...now THAT'S entertainment!)

If this is the case, and nobody seems to care, then maybe, just maybe, certain parts can be considered funny? Just a thought.

Well, I have much more to say, but unfortunately my lunch is all gone and I have a ton of work to do so that I don't end up here till all hours of the night because I wasted my time trying to entertain all you simpletons. More to come eventually.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A real enlightening blog. Don't stop now. Don't miss visiting this site about how to buy & sell everything, like last minute travel on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

1:47 PM  
Blogger EDS said...

How about you kill yourself, eh?

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
ISP Access Services