Dancing Puppets

The purpose of this blog is to create a forum of meaningless and irrelevant rants for people with nothing better to do at that moment other than provide entertainment to others...

Name:
Location: United States

Why Dancing Puppets? It seems customary to begin your blog with an explanation as to why you chose the name you did. In this case - "Dancing Puppets" - there is a simple reason. As mentioned above in the description of this blog, the purpose is to provide a forum for nonsensical and senseless rantings or perhaps the occassional profound and logical argument. However, this is not to promote the marketplace of ideas, or the exercise of free speech. No, no, no... Rather this blog exists simply to provide a continuing source of entertainment to its readers, and more importantly, to me. As the great Stewie likes to say... "Dance Puppets, Dance!"

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

My Summer of Pain...

Well, I am done with law school (assuming I did not fail any of my classes, which judging from the stupidity of many of my fellow classmates is virtually impossible). This means three things:

1. I can actually start earning real money,
2. I won't have as much time to write on here, though I will attempt to continue to do so as often as time permits, and
3. I'm about to have the worst summer of my life - studying for the bar of course.

I'm not sure how exactly I am going to handle this summer logistically speaking. It is going to be tough. I don’t mean I’ll have problems handling it stress-wise or physically or anything, I don’t work myself into a catatonic state when I study and am under pressure like many of my fellow law students do. This probably explains why many of my anal-retentive classmates, who do better than me in school, are currently unemployed for after the summer, whereas I am extremely happy with my employment with the City’s Sanitation Department. (Yes Dad, that’s a joke. The job I told you about is real).

Back to the point - I would like to try and get to Yankee games this summer, though if they continue on the path they started beginning the season, I will not have to worry about that taking up any of my time. I’ll just go to the Kevin Brown or Jared Wright games and watch the first 3 innings.

Side point - how the hell is Giambi still in the lineup?!? Seriously, this guy sucks! He is not a bad baseball player…He is a terrible baseball player. And I don't want to hear the crap about his on base percentage being over .400. It's a bunch of BS. He's not up there to walk 40% of the time and strike out or pull a weak grounder to the right side 60% of the time. Bench him and let Bernie DH. And why did it take so long to have Matsui in centerfield?!? This guy is not a good centerfielder, he’s a terrific centerfielder. He reads the ball off the bat and gets great jumps. That still doesn’t explain why Beltran is playing in the wrong part of New York. Further, if Tom “Flash Flood” Gordon gives up another game-tying home run, forget Torre going out there to yank him…Steinbrenner should walk out to the mound and slap him across the face and say, “You suck worse than Bellamy Road, you’re fired!” Oh, and Paul Quantrill should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell, ala Dan Marino.

Anyway, back to the point, my summer of pain. I will have to spend from 9:00am till somewhere around 1:00pm everyday in a boring bar review course. Then I need to spend another amount of significant hours studying per day. (By the way – if anyone has a shortcut to this process, feel free to fill me in. Unfortunately this is not like school where you can sacrifice a semester working hard to figure out the shortcuts. There’s not enough time to experiment with methods and I’m worried that I really will have to work my ass off here). I also am hoping to fit in a good 3-4 days of playing ball a week. Oh yeah, I also have a family.

All these things need to somehow fit into my schedule this summer. They will, it’s just gonna suck figuring it out.

I got invited to a couple of “Yay, we graduated law school” parties over the next couple of weeks and have responded ‘No’ to every single one. Why? Because frankly, I’m just not interested in seeing 200 of the same people over and over again, especially when I sincerely cannot stand 128 of them, and don’t know another 65 of them. The other 7 (yes, I used a calculator, bite me!), I can call or see whenever I want to, so screw the rest of you parasitical no-talent assklowns. I hope you’re all unemployed longer than the ‘grace period’ lasts to start paying back your student loans!

At almost every stage in my life, I could look back and say, “Wow, that went by really quickly.”
Four years of high school – flew by faster than a gay, Jewish, black guy trying to get through Arkansas.
A year abroad – went quicker than a Colorado high school student hitting the exits when the metal detector goes off.
Three years of college – went faster than Robin to the Bat Cave when Batman was taking his daily shower.

Three years of law school though – as much as I enjoyed it – it did not fly, it was not quick. It was three slow freaking years. It seemed to take longer than it took Terri Schiavo to die. It does not seem like just yesterday that we started, nope, not at all. In fact it seems like I’ve been going to that place for many years, as long as I can remember. I get nauseous going there because I almost don’t remember going anywhere else. It has drained my soul out of my body. I will not miss it. I will miss my schedule and freedom, but I will not miss law school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
ISP Access Services