Dancing Puppets

The purpose of this blog is to create a forum of meaningless and irrelevant rants for people with nothing better to do at that moment other than provide entertainment to others...

Name:
Location: United States

Why Dancing Puppets? It seems customary to begin your blog with an explanation as to why you chose the name you did. In this case - "Dancing Puppets" - there is a simple reason. As mentioned above in the description of this blog, the purpose is to provide a forum for nonsensical and senseless rantings or perhaps the occassional profound and logical argument. However, this is not to promote the marketplace of ideas, or the exercise of free speech. No, no, no... Rather this blog exists simply to provide a continuing source of entertainment to its readers, and more importantly, to me. As the great Stewie likes to say... "Dance Puppets, Dance!"

Friday, January 27, 2006

My New Friend

I hope you enjoyed yesterday's look back at some old posts. I actually did not like that post when I wrote it and considered removing it. However, once I read through it and began clicking on some of the old posts, it reminded me of how funny and cynical I used to be when I was in law school and pretty much hated everyone around me (bar 3 or 4 friends). Now that I am working, and actually am happy at work, perhaps my cynicism has faded slightly along with the disappearance of hate and frustration. However, not to worry - a new and intriguing friend has entered my life and I have a feeling this could be a winner. Readers, I want you to meet Stress. That's right - growing family, long work hours, no time off. This could possibly be a very good thing for blog purposes. With the amount of time Stress and I hang out, coupled with his intriguing and somewhat eccentric and neurotic personality, some good stories could be ahead.

Stress is an interesting friend. I know him from work. We actually share an office. We work on many of the same projects and will often have conversations regarding our careers and clients. What makes Stress a little weird is that he has no family. He views me as his only friend and therefore will often come stay at my house on weekends. My family doesn't like him much because he has a little bit of an attitude problem, curses a lot and is often distant. But being that they are extremely understanding, they know he has nowhere else to go and allow him to keep popping in out of pity.

Truth is, I don't mind Stress that much. I think without Stress work would be pretty boring. Plus, he doesn't really bother me much when I need time to myself. For example, he does not follow me to go play ball on Monday nights, nor does he shadow me when I am trying to spend time with my kids on Friday nights. So I guess to some extent he is understanding that I need to have SOME free time. And the bottomline is, if I didn't have him with me at work, I'd probably just be talking to myself (and wouldn't that be weird).

Now from what I understand a lot of people have friends like Stress. For most people though, they are usually stuck with some S.O.B. office mate who is miserable at a dead end job with a nagging family and no time to themselves. That's not what Stress is like to me. I guess if I had to give a defined explanation for what Stress is like to me I'd say he is constantly reminding me of the "importance, significance, or emphasis placed on something" or he will put me in "a state of extreme difficulty, pressure, or strain." He does not make me miserable. Many people's office mates will drive them insane and even to suicide. Stress simply gives me that extra kick in the butt - even when it's not necessarily needed.

So, in light of this new and wonderful friend, Stress, I believe that good times and stories could be ahead... stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
ISP Access Services