Dancing Puppets

The purpose of this blog is to create a forum of meaningless and irrelevant rants for people with nothing better to do at that moment other than provide entertainment to others...

Name:
Location: United States

Why Dancing Puppets? It seems customary to begin your blog with an explanation as to why you chose the name you did. In this case - "Dancing Puppets" - there is a simple reason. As mentioned above in the description of this blog, the purpose is to provide a forum for nonsensical and senseless rantings or perhaps the occassional profound and logical argument. However, this is not to promote the marketplace of ideas, or the exercise of free speech. No, no, no... Rather this blog exists simply to provide a continuing source of entertainment to its readers, and more importantly, to me. As the great Stewie likes to say... "Dance Puppets, Dance!"

Thursday, January 26, 2006

I Have Nothing To Say To You...

So there's this guy I know who has been blogging for quite some time now.

Side Point - I hate the term "blogging." It makes it sound like there is some close-knit fraternity of people who blog, and they all do gay things like get together and have blogging parties and posting conventions. Whatever. Truth is, there probably are people like that out there. I am not one of them. The only gay thing about me is that I have a man-crush on Derek Jeter - but he doesn't love me back, so that's not really so gay.

Anyway, there's this guy I know who has been blogging for quite some time now.

Side point - Is it really necessary in a written form of communication to repeat the last thing you were saying before going off-topic? A lot of people do this. They will make a point, interrupt this point with some off-topic, though sometimes interesting piece of information, and then they will repeat the sentence before the disruption. When you are talking this is sometimes necessary to keep order of the conversation at hand. But when writing, the reader can always refer back a couple of lines and get the needed information. Whatever.

Anyway, back to the point - see above if you forgot the point.
So this guy has been asking friends for topics to blog about lately because, well... frankly because nothing has pissed him off enough recently to incite a post. And as I'm sure people have figured out a happy person has nothing to complain about.

Now I myself, don't usually run out of topics as you can clearly see from all the mature, emotional and well thought-out posts that I have shared with you over the last year. There are usually a number of places where I will draw ideas from.

- Personal Experiences - This is probably the best one. Usually there are not much funnier and entertaining things than those things that we experience ourselves. Something bothers us, amuses us, affects us - we can turn it into a creative piece. Lately, I've been working, just working. Nothing interesting has happened to me in weeks. But there have been road incidents that have laid way for some interesting rants.

-News - Often a news story will catch our eye and immediately spark thought and criticism. This is often a great way to look like you care about what is going on in the world and at the same time poke fun at unfortunate souls and bash Arabs. Terry Schiavo was probably the greatest thing that ever happened to me as a blogger. The whole saga surrounding her and her family was just priceless. That coupled with her medical condition was almost too perfect.

- Natural Disasters - It is a lucky day when we get one of these to write about. Hurricane Katrina, the only openly racist weather outburst in the history of the world (besides the Red Sea opening for the Jews and closing on the Egyptians - but come on, the Jews deserved that one after all the crap they'd taken as slaves). This storm literally wiped out just ---- people. White people were safe and gone. ---- people were drowning in the streets. Another classic moment.

- Random Thoughts - Often while watching TV or listening to the radio a random thought will occur to me as a reaction to something I have heard or seen. Sometimes I will be able to formulate this idea into a post with some entertainment value. Other times I will just waste a good 3 minutes thinking about the idea before dismissing it as idiotic. Either way, this is the source that probably gives way to the most topics of all, but not always the best topics.

So I relayed this information to my buddy and told him to try and draw his inspiration from one of these sources.

Anyway - as for me? Clearly, I could not come up with a meaningful topic today, so instead I threw a bunch of BS and old post links at you. Enjoy!

I have a couple of topics that I do intend to get to, but groups like Hamas and individuals like Ron Artest require a lot more time and thought than a stupid post like this one does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
ISP Access Services